Doesn’t it just seem like everyone is obsessed with pineapples lately? I mean, we’re not one to talk. As soon as we printed the first tank top with this summer’s pineapple design, we couldn’t wait to slap it on a few more options of shirts to spread the pineapple love. So what’s with all the hype? Well, we’re here to tell you.
1. Pineapples symbolize hospitality. According to legend, after a long journey at sea, a captain would spear a pineapple on a fencepost outside his home as an invitation to visit, share food and drink, and listen to tales of his voyage. Hey, we’re all into adventure afterparties.
2. Pineapples are tasty. Yes, you knew that… but it’s more than enough reason to love them. And they’re even better when tossed on the grill to get them all juicy and sweet. Summertime is just around the corner. Don’t deny your grill the juicy sweetness of a pineapple.
3. Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita. There’s not much more that I need to say about this one. Spicy? Sweet? Boozy? We’re in. Check out the awesome recipe here.
4. Pineapples are hardcore. You can’t make jello with fresh pineapple because it’s so corrosive it breaks down the gelatin and other proteins. I mean, that officially makes pineapple the most hardcore ‘fruit’ you’ve ever known.
5. Foreigners are exotic. The pineapple was first called “anana,” a Caribbean word for “excellent fruit.” However, when it landed in the Hawaiian islands, Hawaiians called it “halakahiki,” which means “foreign fruit.
6. They’ve got the good stuff. Pineapples are full of bromelain which is all sorts of good for you. It’s an anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant, digestive aid & even prevents tumor growth (hello, that means no cancer).
7. Baby pineapples are sassy. Pineapples begin as a bright pink cluster in the middle of the pineapple plant. And here you thought we just went crazy choosing screen print colors.
8. They’re worth the wait. It actually takes 1.5 – 2 years for each pineapple plant to grow a single fruit, so appreciate every bite.
9. Community of Fruits. A pineapple is not actually a fruit. It is the result of many flowers whose fruitlets have joined around the core. Which means it’s a tiny fruit community. Remember that next time you pillage a pineapple village.
10. Pineapples cause smiles. Not only does eating raw pineapple give you a mood-enhancing energy boost, but wearing a pineapple is sure to bring a smile to your face all day long. (I can speak from experience). So check out our new pineapple tees and snag your own personal pineapple happy pill.
Shop all the pineapple tees.
What’s your favorite thing about pineapples?