It’s officially June. The sixth month of the year, first month of summer, and it is also Colorado Bike Month and we want to celebrate! Apart from the numerous studies that prove getting outdoors is therapeutic, with all that is swirling around in our lives, we’re encouraging you to take a moment and give yourself a break, step away from your screens, and explore.
Colorado’s 2020 Bike to Work Day has been postponed to September 22, 2020, but June is still Colorado’s declared Bike to Work Month. So, we’re wondering… are you missing your commute? Or honestly, just itching to get out of the house? Then you’re in luck, because we have a challenge for you! We’ve even laid out the steps so it’s as easy 1, 2, 3.
- Calculate your normal commute: ie: 5 miles,
- Multiple it by two (to work and home): equaling 10 miles,
- Get outside and enjoy a 10-mile ride (or longer than your normal route requires if you’re feeling adventurous)!
Next, Find Your Trail
Now that you’ve got steps 1-3 done, check out these Northern Colorado bike trails to help you get the gears turning:
- Foothills Trail: Six miles one-way, easy to moderate, singletrack, free.
- Bobcat Ridge: 11 miles on several trails, easy to challenging, singletrack, double-track, loose rocks, steep and rolling hills, free.
- Lory State Park: 15 miles total, easy to challenging, singletrack ranging from flat to steep, rocky hills, $7 day permit.
- Poudre River Trail Corridor: this 21-mile path is a well-maintained paved pathway stretching from Fort Collins to Greeley! Find your next route, here.
- Loveland Recreation Trail: consists of 26 miles of paved trail nearly encircling Loveland and connects to other trails such as Long View Trail and Colorado Front Range Trail. Plan your trail and view the bikeways map, here.
Ok, there are actually 4 steps, but the last one is really fun! For a chance to win an Akinz bicycle swag pack (we’re giving them out all month long), post a picture or video on Instagram of you cruising down your old route, a new route, or even a #bikeselfie, and tag us @akinzboardwear and #COBikeMonth. Make sure to follow along on our social channels for the rest of the month for additional chances to win #bikeswag.
Enjoy the ride!