Share an (Air) Hug Today!
Air Hugs. Who couldn’t use one of those right now? Our Air Hugs design was created to give everyone the chance to virtually send air hugs around the world. If you’re like us and you’ve been missing real life hugs take this chance to send an air hug to someone you love, or just send one to yourself. Everyone deserves a little extra love right now.
“We need four hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.”Virginia Satir
Originally founded by Hallmark in 1919 Friendship Day was intended to be a day for people to celebrate their friendship by sending each other cards. Year after year, the holiday spirit slowly fizzled out. Things changed in 2011, and this friendly holiday was reinstated by the United Nations, and now, July 30th, is officially recognized as International Friendship Day and also happens to be Share a Hug Day!
The Science Behind Hugs
Although we aren’t able to hug all of our friends and family right now, we found some interesting scientific research on hugging that we just had to share! According to scientists, the benefits of hugging goes way beyond that warm, fuzzy feeling. You may have figured that hugs can reduce stress by showing your support, but it can also boost your heart health, reduce fears, increase happiness, and is another form of communication beyond facial or verbal cues. Family therapist, Virginia Satir once stated in a Forbes article, that, “We need four hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.” That’s a lot of hugs, and we’re here for it (of course – in an “air hugs” type of way).
So… send an Akinz Air Hug!
Due to COVID-19 cases on the rise and person-to-person interactions limited, we made a quick list of some solo-activities to keep yourself busy while following social distancing precautions.
- Go on a hike with your furry four-legged friend(s) (More Evidence That Owning a Dog Is Really Good for You).
- Break out the games! UNO, Go Fish, Monopoly, or make up your own.
- Try a new recipe. Pinterest is a great place to start and then you can follow us.😉
- Get out and cycle, and feel the fresh cool breeze in your hair.
- Plan your next vacation (one can dream, right?!).
- Start making your holiday shopping list. We have something for everyone. Pinky promise.
What we’re doing in our Old Town Fort Collins store to help keep our customers safe.
- We only have one of each style as an example on the sales floor. When you find something you love, let us know, and we will get your size from the back (ensuring no other customers have touched your clothing!).
- Anything that is tried on will be disinfected with an anti-microbial spray and set aside to dry before being returned to the sales floor.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entry and at checkout for all customers.
- Touch Free checkout at register available thru chip cards or Apple Pay